public transport in the morning

"Thank God, I arrived at 0710 AM. Saved," I thought when I saw the clock on the station's white-painted wall above the bench. Apparently, that Tuesday morning at the second week of December, the commuter line which I always relied my life on didn't arrive until 0750 AM! "What a F***!"

I was so frustrated.

I got out in a rush from my place, riding a motor taxi with such a worried heart, at about 0650 this morning to catch up the 0719 AM's commuter line so I would arrive at the bureau at 0800 AM. Instead, I had to waste my unproductive time waiting for that damned commuter line for about 40 minutes. This is unbelievable annoying!

There are too many times Commuter Line disappoints me, making me pulling out my hair, screaming in distressed in years but nothing's changed. For God's sake Commuter Line, why do you always do this dreadful thing in my life?

I felt like a fool, doing nothing at the station in forty minutes and was so hungry. How foolish! Commuter Line irresponsibly and one-sided deciding to scrap two Commuter Line's schedules, for 0719 and 0737 slots, that Tuesday morning.

Why oh why using Jakarta's public transportation in rush hours is so stressful, not only for its irrational unpredictable schedule but also its hellish traffic jam. It drains both of my energy and time every single day in my life.

I perfectly understand that I'm doomed when I miss out my usual electric train's or bus' schedule because I must wait for another hour to get into the next slot and once I'm in, I'm trapped in a crowded Commuter Line or uncomfortable TransJakarta, tortured by a long traffic jam and slow travel thanks to many red traffic lights and clogged road!

That's why I sacrificed my breakfast and rushed there but THAT public transportation operator "erased" my usual commuter line's slot, just like that.

If you aren't a rich person who can afford to have an apartment in Sudirman or Thamrin or Kuningan area, then you have to battle the always almost unmoved Jakarta traffic every single day. Right?!

It's such a long wait when taking Jakarta's public transportation that is no doubt that it is too mentally and physically exhausted for me!

I had a nightmarish experience in the morning before current's annoying schedule at my commuter line.

The commuter line, an electric train, bound to either Bogor Station or Depok Station used to be expected to arrive at Rajawali Station at 0800 AM from Jatinegara Station.

But Jatinegara-Bogor commuter line has just passed Rajawali Station when I was still riding motorcycle taxi from my place to the station. I was five minutes late. If I had insisted to take the next train, I had to force myself to be patient waiting for another 30-40 minutes to arrive which means I would have been late for an hour until I arrive at Sudirman Station. There was nothing I could do sadly.

The ride from Rajawali Station takes about 40 minutes, in normal circumstances, passing total six stations to reach Sudirman Station.

Before reaching Sudirman Station, the commuter line also passes Duri Station, a railway line until Manggarai Station utilized for the airport train to pass. While the railway line from Jatinegara Station to Rajawali Station is used by inter city or inter province's steamed train too, not to mention the locomotive head that is back and forth on the same railway line. Imagine the queue for my commuter line to pass the same railway line.

So on that one damned Thursday morning, I just missed my train so I had to choose taking TransJakarta bound to Penjaringan from Halte Jembatan Merah.

I brisked hundreds meters from Rajawali Station, loosing my IDR 3000 credits for nothing, to Jembatan Merah bus stop. I made my own bet to reach my bureau using public transportation in Jakarta if I leave my place at 0815 in the morning.

From Jembatan Merah's bus stop, it took me about 15 minutes to reach TransJakarta's Kota bus stop. Making a transit there, luckily I just waited about five minutes, I boarded another bus bounds to Blok M's bus stop.

The TransJakarta I got that day was the pink-painted bus dedicated specially for female passengers only, it's called "khusus wanita" in Bahasa Indonesia.

It took me another thirty minutes from Kota's bus stop to Tosari's bus stop with quite many stops because of red traffic light.

I didn't make it on time arriving at the bureau.

Comments

Popular Posts